Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We should have preliminary reports back by now on both the PET and needle biopsy. No word yet though.

I call Dr. Wendy's office. The regular nurse at the AF office who normally tracks such things is out of the office and has been for two weeks, so I get transferred to Provo.

That nurse is overworked because she's covering two offices now, hasn't seen or heard anything, but will follow up sometime today.

More waiting. Hurry up and wait. My favorite when it comes to medical things.

I get a call late that afternoon. After some fiddling and trying different views for the same report, she finally finds that my PET scan shows involvement in only the one area. That's great news. If my cancer facts are correct, that means Stage 1, which is the easiest to treat.

No results from the biopsy. In fact, no one can really find the needle biopsy--at UVRMC or elsewhere. She promises to keep tracking it but can't offer much of an explanation.

Please, please get this figured out by Friday. I hate waiting. I hate having this overwhelming suspicion and not being able to talk about it with anyone yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment