Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thursday, July 14, 2011

What a wonderful way to serve and what thoughfulness! Jennifer sent some coupons--hand colored, in purple, of course!--home with Dale. A meal, a dessert, a trip to a medical appointment, a redbox rental (and return!), phone calls, visits at home. I've got to remember this idea for the future. It's perfect and lets me decide when to redeem each.

I made it to the BMT clinic with hair, and now it's time to shave it off. Handfuls fall out when I simply run my fingers through it. Sayonora! Dale's graciously agreed to help and even agreed to have fun with it. Last time I said goodbye, I was too anxious, which made Miriam nervous, so this time I'm determined to enjoy the process.

Snap a before shot, then out on the back deck we go because neither of us wants to deal with the mess inside. A minute later, one side of my head feels a lot cooler. Time for another picture. Two minutes later, the other side is cooler also. Another couple swipes and pictures to match. It's done.

Connie comes by and suggests that I wear brain squeezers, complete with flowers. Now why didn't I think of that? I wonder if any are big enough. Thanks for the giggle :-)

I'm relieved. Time to put away the hair products and implements for roughly another year and start saving a bunch of time getting ready every morning.

Dale sweeps up most of the pile, but lets the air clean off the rest.

It's liberating.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say...I'm slightly jealous that I didn't get to do this! ;)

    ReplyDelete