Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another set of chemo days.

It started yesterday with Etoposide--about 1.5 hours worth dripping through my port. I don't exactly know what that stuff is, but it wipes me out. About an hour after we got home, I crashed--hard! Took a six-hour nap, from about 2:30-8:30 p.m. It's been three weeks since the last treatment. Almost enough to forgot that weird, metallic taste in my mouth and my stomach constantly flip flopping and threatening to explode. Very strange to feel that you're body is battling against you.

Today is the long day. Start with the anti-nausea, Aloxi. More Etoposide. Then Carboplatin. About a three and half-hour process from 11-2:30. And my favorite part? A 24-hour pump loaded with Ifosamide and Mensa to take home. I can't get away from this stuff!

Tomorrow is a fairly quick day. More Aloxi, more Etoposide, a liter of saline to help wash everything though, and another stinging Neulasta injection to stimulate my marrow to produce more blood cells and counteract the chemo. Should take about one and half to two hours total.

Breathtaking sunset today with lots of purple in it. Can you imagine what it will be like when Christ comes again? I don't know how soon it will happen after He comes--maybe instantly?--but no disease, no cancer, no diabetes, no Alzheimers or illnesses of any kind? That would be so cool to be healed. One day chemo and cancer, and the next day cured! Personally, I don't think I'll be on the earth when it happens; I think the world isn't wicked enough yet--YIKES! But it is a great thing to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Trish, there you were up playing the organ on Sunday. What a testimony to your faith! Our prayers are with you and your dear family. You have continued to be cheerful and hopeful. Through Christ all things are possible, and you believe in Him. Have a calm day, feeling God's love and our love. Trudy Barnes

    ReplyDelete