Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Finally, life returns! After sleeping for about 21 of each of the past 24-hour periods, I have a glimpse of what it feels like to be alive today. I know the past week's worth of haze is not living and is not me. I'm just grateful that a semblance of me finally returned today.

I'll bet Dale is too. I can only imagine what things must feel like and look like from his side of all of this. I'm sure that a mostly comatose wife wasn't exactly what he thought he was getting into.

I'm learning what foods usually pass the stomach test. I have to remember this strange list. I have a feeling I'll need it even more after I'm admitted for the transplant: potatoes with onions, fruit juices or popsicles, spaghetti sauce, and white bread without any extra seeds or large grains in it. And you can live of from about three bites of any of those foods for at least 3-4 days.

More lifesavers or reminders that life continues: a freezer meal from Goddards, a gorgeous purple card from Jeri, and homemade white bread from Tina. My brain is so confused lately, about an hour after the bread was delivered, I called Dale to ask him to bring home a loaf of white bread. It's the only thing that sounded promising to try and keep down. Fortunately, we already had some and I didn't even have to wait for him to get home before I could try a small piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment