Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Time to teach Relief Society--forever families and eternal marriage. Subjects that provided much comfort over the years.

A thought that just occurred to me yesterday while finalizing a discussion plan: I'll have another brother-in-law and sister-in-law when Thad and Tavia are married in the next life. Those will be amazing events!

Reading my patriarchal blessing, I'm amazed to see how many times I'm reminded that Christ will be at my side to comfort, guide, protect, and bless me through all my walks of life. I know that includes my cancer fight now.

I'm so grateful that, if I have to beat this thing twice in three years, that we waited until I have an eternal companion to help me through the fights.

Speaking of battles, you know my favorite color is purple, right? It used to be equally red and purple. However, when I learned that violet is the official color of Hodgkins lymphoma, I quickly adopted all shades of purple as MY color. Hence, purple war!

But, wait a minute! If this is a purple war, doesn't that mean I'm against purple? Such a thing cannot be. Oh, I think I've figured it out, the right perspective. It's like pink for breast cancer. I think it's the law of occupancy--that two things can't occupy the same space. If you plaster pink all over, wherever that pink is, breast cancer can't be.

If I plaster purple all over myself (glasses, shoes, accessories, clothes, etc.) and my environment (water bottle, planner, purse, and pens), wherever that purple is, Hodgkins lymphoma can't be. I'd better start seeing a lot of purple, people!. . .lol

Here's another law to contemplate--the transitive property of equality in math. You know the one. If a = b and b = c, then a = c. If I'm sealed to Dale and he's sealed to his kids, then, hopefully, I'm [virtually] sealed to his kids as well. I don't know for sure, but I'm certainly hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment