Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Monday, July 4, 2011

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Two years and three months in remission and time for another check up with Dr. Wendy.

Any lumps or enlarged lymph nodes? No. Huh. That's odd. You've never asked that question before. Oh well. Any symptoms or complaints? Just incredibly itchy skin, random, all over my body, which seems to be getting worse. Hmmm. A classic sign of Hodgkins lymphoma for my body. Am I worried? No. I'm due for another full-body PET scan in September. Shall we just wait for then to see if anything turns up? Sounds great. I can live with that plan.

Draw blood. Easy appointment. Yay! Still a two-time Hodgkins lymphoma survivor. Take that, stupid cancer stuff.

I'm at home that night. It's 8 p.m. or so, and I accidentally bump the corner of our bathroom vanity with my left leg. Hey! That hurts more than you would think. Hey! Something feels like a large lump or maybe three lumps? How in the world did I find that? I can't recreate bumping that spot again.

Uh oh. This probably isn't good. But I can't do anything about it now. And I think Dr. Wendy and my primary care physician are both out of the office tomorrow. Hmmm. Probably should get that checked out.

Right before falling asleep, I tell Dale. "Found some lumps, hon. Feel this." He doesn't seem worried, so maybe I don't need to be either. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment