Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Friday, July 15, 2011

Tavia's funeral in Tooele. Thankfully, we worked it out so all of the kids can attend. Yay, because Cameron, Skyler, Jordan, and Travis are the only four pallbearers (nephews that are in attendance that are old enough to help). Thanks guys! You missed part of your mom's family reunion to be here. If I had the choice between a family reunion and a funeral, I think the family reunion would win every time. I appreciate the sacrifice. I wanted you here because Tavia lived with us for eight months. Even though she's your aunt, she's more like your younger sister in some ways.

I make it through okay--even manage to say a few words. Thank you, Tavia, for your example, Even though you had a broken body, you found great joy and love in this life. I take great comfort and strength from you.

Until we meet again, dear sister, and I have the privilege of hearing your voice and getting to know your full spirit. You will be my teacher then.

No comments:

Post a Comment