Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How can a piece of plastic that's embedded under your skin bug so much? When I move, it changes position and manages to pull, tug, and burn as it finds different corners of its snug little pocket to explore.

Now I remember why I was so eager to have it removed the first time. That, and the fact that hardly anyone is trained or qualified to access one--only the supervisor on shift at AF Hospital, which often means waiting an extra 30-45 minutes before they can come.

Putting it in for only five days (and two nights of 24-hour) of chemo seems a little silly and not worth the time and risks, but it is saving my veins from very damaging chemicals. Hooray for modern technology!

Natalie strikes again! Lasagna and homemade bread this time. And oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and a personal visit from Carolyn. I'm very touched. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment