Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Peripheral Neuropathy and Nausea

Silly me! I guess I was hoping for no side effects because Adcetris is kinder and more gentle than other chemo drugs. Ha! It is still chemo, Trish. Time to pull your head out of the sand and face facts.

So that stomach rumbling, growling, and intermittent nausea isn't from the antibiotic that I've been on but finished Sunday? Nope. I figure that out just yesterday about mid-afternoon.

That terrible metallic taste in my mouth that I've been trying to ignore? Yea, that's chemo too.

And the strange sensations, almost like small electrical charges, in my fingers? Ka-ching! Welcome to the wonderland of chemo again.

I haven't been taking my anti-nausea drugs. (I didn't want to need them this time, so I've just been dealing with it.) But I start taking ondansetron (Zofran) every six hours. That one is no problem to take, but it's not working by itself. Crud!

Now I have to start adding promethazine (Phenergan) in the schedule. And it knocks me out too. By 7 p.m., I'm ready to sleep through the night.

Apparently, our neighbors had a huge kitchen fire just a few feet away from where I'm napping on the couch. At least four big fire engines came, sirens blaring; but I didn't hear anything.

I hate not having the full use of my brain. I don't want to sleep away what's left of my life. I've got to figure out something else that will work. Crud!

No comments:

Post a Comment