Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finally--a Treatment Plan

Dr. Asch, Dr. Wendy, and I all agree that using the newest drug, Adcetris (brentuximab vedotin) is probably the correct course of action (even if we don't do the second transplant), so I call Dr. Wendy's office to let them know.

Finally, we have a treatment plan after about eight weeks of waiting!

Although Kathy tells me that they have to order brentuximab, they've never used it before at either the American Fork or Provo clinic, and they don't know how long it will take.

Crud! I don't want more waiting. Plus, we're waiting for the port insertion to be scheduled. More waiting.

I tell her that I know I'm strange (Dr. Asch called me one-of-a-kind at our meeting yesterday), but I'm begging to start chemo as soon as possible. Kathy laughs, agrees that my begging for chemo is a little strange, but says she'll do everything possible to make it happen.

Less than two hours later, she calls to tell me that the port is scheduled for Friday morning at 9 a.m., that the brentuximab should arrive on Thursday, and that we'll start chemo on Friday--immediately after the port insertion.

Whew! A more finalized plan to work with. As soon as I hear those details, some of the stress I've been carrying for about eight weeks dissipates.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment