Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Saturday, February 8, 2014

I Told You So

It's Saturday, and I'm not feeling that bad anymore. My stomach has settled a great deal, and the pain for my line has dropped at least in half (to a level 3 now).

So why was last night so hard for me?

I'm not sure why I couldn't just let the promises for this process sustain me without having a mini-meltdown, but I feel much better this morning.

Time for another dose of Fludarabine and Cytoxan, so off to LDS Hospital Dale and I go.

We're a bit late (10 minutes), but they're still not prepared for me, especially when I demand that we change anti-nausea drugs. (What about the dexamethasone I was promised?) And we neglected to give extra fluids (saline) with the Cytoxan that was mentioned on Wednesday. Can we fix both of those things?

Sure, but it takes a while to track down the new orders.

Finally, the dexamethasone is on board, the two chemo drugs finish, and we clear the building around noon.

For the next three days, I'll just get the Fludarabine, which isn't as potent, so I should be good to go.

And no nausea or vomiting yet. And very little pain, especially compared to last night.

Hip, hip, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment