Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bone Marrow Schedule

The new schedule for my allogeneic, haplo, stem cell, bone marrow transplant (BMT) is as follows:

*Friday, February 7
7 am: Have a central line placed by LDS Hospital's radiology department
11:30 am: Start Fludarabine and Cyclophosphamide chemo

*Saturday, February 8
10 am: More Fludar. and Cyclo. chemo

*Sunday, February 9
??? am: More Fludar. chemo

*Monday, February 10
11:30 am: More Fludar. chemo

*Tuesday, February 11
11:30 am: More Fludar. chemo

**Wednesday, February 12
9:00 am: Admit to LDS Hospital for total body irradiation and BMT

**Thursday, February 13
Receive my sister's stem cells and let them start the war between my Hodgkins-loving cells and her Hodgkins-fighting white blood cells

Sunday, February 16
Start high-dose chemo to kill my sister's T cells

Monday, February 17
More high-dose chemo

Tuesday, February 18
Start Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate to try and minimize any graft-versus-host-disease

~March, 8
Get discharged and start some period of being sequestered at home


Gee, aren't you jealous that your schedule isn't as exciting? LOL

*Usually patients are admitted for these days. However, because I've had so much chemo in my life and know what to expect, the BMT team is willing to let me try getting this regular dose chemo on an outpatient basis. If something feels wrong to me or I have any unforeseen complications, they'll then admit me.

**These are days that my sister is donating her stem cells through a dialysis-like process called aphoresis. Hopefully, I'll be allowed to visit her while she donates because she'll be in a room at the hospital that's considered part of the outpatient clinic at LDS Hospital on the 8th floor (which is the same floor where I'll be staying).

~This is my planned discharge date--3.5 weeks after being admitted. However, the BMT team told me to count on 4-5 weeks of hospitalization, which would stretch my discharge date until March 14. I know they told me to count on 4 weeks of hospitalization for the autologous BMT and I was out in exactly 3 weeks, so I'm hoping my 3.5 week plan works for their estimate of 4-5 weeks--especially because they're willing to let me try the first five days without being admitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment