Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Monday, December 30, 2013

No More Hodgkins For the Fifth Time

Time to meet with Dr. Wendy for the results of the PET scan.

Dale has to work, so Miriam graciously agrees to accompany me.

I'm not sure what the results will show, so I prepare as if I need more chemo (darn that itchiness!) and pack my water bottle, two games we can play, and a book I can read if Miriam is tired of games.

Here we go!

After the preliminary check-in stuff (weight, review medications, BP, O2, heart rate, and temperature), I hear the familiar click-clacking of Dr. Wendy's heels leading to my exam room door.

And. . .

IT'S GREAT NEWS! No more cancer. For the fifth time in my life, I'm officially in remission.

A quick blood draw from my port and we're out of there.

I'm ecstatic! Time to party! When I tell Miriam that we need to celebrate, she suggests that we have a big party tomorrow night. No, wait, this is big enough (beating cancer five freaking times!) that we need to make it a country-wide thing. Miriam says, "No, a world-wide party."

So here goes. . .

THE WORLD is officially invited to celebrate that I, Trisha Mae (Turner) Howard am officially in remission from Hodgkins lymphoma for the fifth time in my life,

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 in the evening hours,

By eating treats, playing games, and gathering with family and friends.

That doesn't seem big enough somehow. Heck!

Light off fireworks too. And gather in large groups if you're near metropolitan areas!

It's party time everyone :-)

There! That seems fitting now.

4 comments:

  1. I'll join that celebration, here in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will party by doing my regular routine with small children & pray I get some sleep. But I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!! This IS fabulous news, and you should celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could be with you to celabrate. If you will send me your telephone number I will call you on Tuesday evening

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey trisha, i wanted to say, first and foremost, that i am truly sorry about your illness, and hope that you have beaten it permanently.

    i am currently working on a documentary regarding similar illnesses, and was hoping you would consider sharing it with others, if you think it is noteworthy, so that it may eventually find its way in the lap of some one who can contribute to the indiegogo campaign. if you decide to blog about it, let me know, and i will be happy to post a link to your site from our site, in the credits, to thank you for spreading the word.

    the site for the documentary is: http://ToxicBiology.com/

    i hope this helps you or some one you know in the future. thanks, and, good luck!

    ReplyDelete