Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Waiting Is the Hardest Part

PET scan was complete on Thursday (12/26).

Dr. Breyer called me personally with the results of the last PET scan on Friday night about 6:00 pm. So I waited, hoping to hear the results of this scan, but no phone call.

It's okay. The scan will either show less cancer than last time, or no cancer.

But dealing with the "What ifs" that go with each scenario are the hardest part!!!!

And, if I'm being honest, my back is almost incessantly itchy again, just like it has been for the previous three Hodgkins occurrences. (I don't remember it itching when I was 7.) The itchiness is what clued me in that the Hodgkins was back after the aortic valve replacement, so that's not a good sign. I guess it's possible that the scan could show more cancer than last time because it's spread or the Adcetris has stopped being effective,

I make it through to Sunday night okay and am able to sleep pretty well. However, Sunday I have to watch an entire movie before I'm finally able to sleep around midnight.

We'll know in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment