Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Insurance Nightmares

I once heard that the CEO/President of Intermountain Healthcare (IHC) and the IHC insurance company and plan (SelectHealth/SelectMed) and the CEO/President of the University of Utah medical systems have a personal grudge or disagreement with each other.

Because of their disagreement, one (or both) of them vowed that they'd make sure that IHC and the UofU medical systems always remained separated from each other so that IHC providers would never be covered by insurance companies that accepted UofU providers and vice versa.

I certainly hope that is not the truth!

If it's only a squabble on a personal level between two (so-called) professionals that's keeping me from
* being seen by the radiologist that helped me before (That familiarity and history definitely helps when dealing with cancer!)
* driving only 1.5 miles from my house
* and requiring me to pass a radiation oncologist's office while driving the 30 minutes it takes to drive to south Provo to another office
then
I HOPE SOMEHOW JUSTICE IS SERVED AND THEY HAVE TO COMPENSATE EVERY PERSON THAT THEY INCONVENIENCED!

Please, please tell me that my health care decisions are not affected by disputes of a personal nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment