Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Monday, September 19, 2011

16 radiation treatments are now recommended? What? I really don't understand (and don't like) this.

Apparently, if the Hodgkins tried to come back some day, the first place it would try is the last place it was--my leg. By radiating the area, we eliminate that place and possibly keep it from ever coming back. More insurance against further occurrences.

Plus, there's nothing else in the area to damage, so no long-term effects either. Crud! I really want to be done, finished, complete with all things cancer, but it looks like I'll be visiting with our local radiation oncologist every day, Monday-Friday, for two weeks starting soon.

Just more fun to add to the equation, I guess. Permanent tattoos, more CT scans, 15 minutes of laying absolutely still for 16 treatments. Oh joy!

First appointment is Thursday. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment: