Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Monday, June 3, 2013

New Front Door

I got home from talking to Drs. Tandar and Patel about the possibility of open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve, which was VERY stressful, to a new front door.

I'm talking to Tangela on the phone as we pull into our cul-de-sac.

When we're almost in the driveway, I notice that our front door isn't white anymore. Instead, it's a beautiful shade of purple. Momentarily forgetting that I'm still on the phone, I start yelling, "Oh my! Our door is purple. It's beautiful."

Tangi, listening, says, "It is? Really?"

I don't know what I hear in her voice, because I'm immediately aware that she doesn't sound nearly as surprised as I am.

"You don't sound surprised, Tangi."
"Really?"

Suddenly, there's a loud noise at the passenger door of our car, where I'm sitting. It scares me so much that I jump (and scream again). Poor Tangi is really getting an earful during our conversation.

It's my sister, Tiffany. My sisters are sneaky and quick. While I was at the doctor's, they painted our front door.

Thanks, Tangi and Tippy :-)

And the door is beautiful! The paint color is named Bella. How appropriate and just in time for the Purple War fun run on Thursday and bake and craft sale on Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Love your new door! What a beautiful cheerful purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a lovely color for front door. It’s refreshing and uplifting to look at. I could stare at it all day. And that little window curve brings in natural lighting, and it added to the beauty of your door too. The white trims and the purple color are a perfect match!
    Danielle Bailey @ Vinylume Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your door color is very striking! The color has a very interesting name too - Bella! I wonder why it was named like that. The more I stare at your door, the more I can feel its vibrancy; it makes me feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet and white are a good color combination! It may seem like an unusual color for a front door, but its simplicity makes it a standout. By the way, what was the color of your door before your repainted it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tameka, It was plain white before. This is a definite improvement, and it makes my heart smile every time I see it :-)

    ReplyDelete