Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fast and Testimony Meeting

During the prelude music and start of Sacrament Meeting, I'm contemplating on how good I feel for going through my fifth regimen of chemo. And I realize that my rather foreign pessimistic outlook of late is gone. I no longer feel so dark inside, like I'm fighting a losing battle. Sure, the next instance might kill me, but I might have a long time before the lymphoma is back. I have hope again. These are truly amazing discoveries!

And, as usual, I start scanning the congregation and reflecting on how many individuals in our ward that I feel truly supported by. I love these people and there's way too many to list.

A few things definitely stand out though: purple flowers planted in our flower beds by the Mia Maids, a large container filled with purple flowers from Jana, purple flowers and a cuddly blanket from Sandy, a very touching note from John and an equally touching post/email from Jennifer, and a beautiful chest of notes from lots of people and delivered by Maddie on a night when everything seemed really black and hopeless.

Suddenly, I'm overwhelmed by all of the love and support that I feel. All of those prayers are why this regimen is treating me so well so far. I know it. It's a great tender and miraculous mercy from our ward members who are definitely acting as the Savior's hands here on the earth.

Thank you all. I'm truly touched and grateful!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not usually one to ask for help, prayers, & kindness but I've recently found that when you do ask (and sometimes even when you don't) there are SO MANY more people wanting to serve you than you can imagine. I am SO incredibly grateful to be a member of the church if for no other reason than simply for the network of loving hands, help & support. It's hard sometimes to be the receiver of kindness, but rest assured, being the giver is such a blessing when the service is well received. Love you, Trish! I'm glad things are moving along and you've found a splice of sunshine through the clouds.

    ReplyDelete