Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Eighth Adcetris Dose

At least halfway through chemo after today. 8/16 or halfway through the maximum amount of Adcetris doses allowed.

If it continues as well as it has been and the peripheral neuropathy eases up, the rest of the doses should be no problem.

Although, if I'm honest, ever since my last appointment and the fact that Dr. Wendy can no longer feel the largest tumor, my hope is that we'll schedule scans in the next three weeks (normal procedure after every two doses, so it's time again), and those scans will show no more cancer.

Not a lot to report today, although I do think the peripheral neuropathy in my hands is slightly better. It's a little easier to write longhand and to type. I can tell because I'm not watching my fingers or using the Backspace key as often. But my balance actually seems worse lately and I can't tell that there's any improvement in my feet and legs. Darn!

Dr. Wendy sounds disappointed that I haven't seen a bigger improvement, but she's grateful that it's not getting worse so we'll continue the reduced dosage.

Visit with Dr. Wendy, draw blood work, three anti-nausea medications, Adcetris, and two hours later I'm out of there.

A CT/CAT scan is scheduled for Monday, February 11. Hopefully, it's great news--no more cancer; and we can be done with Adcetris for at least 7-10 more years. That's what I'm hoping for and what would qualify for "this treatment exceeding all expectations."

No comments:

Post a Comment