Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Thursday, December 15, 2011

My oncologist said something recently that made me stop and ponder.

I mentioned that I'm discouraged with how long it's taking to recover from the transplant. I'm still fatigued and needing oxygen 24/7.

She said she wasn't surprised at all. "After all, your body has a memory of what it's been through so it's healing from all three occurrences of cancer this time."

Wow! So my body this time is having to heal from chemo when I was 7 and 8 (MOPP and CCNU) and radiation, from chemo 4 years ago (ADV), and from chemo (ICE), radiation, and the tranplant with high-dose chemo (BCNU, Melphalan, Ara-C, and Etoposide).

Whew! No wonder I'm so tired!

3 comments:

  1. It's like you're recuperating from running 3 marathons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've come a LONG way, Trish! Way to go. You are such a fighter...I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete