Purple Everywhere

Purple Everywhere
Daily Herald picture

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sixth Adcetris Dose

6/16 or 3/8 guaranteed finished with Adcetris after today's dose. 16 doses is the maximum for one round of chemo.

I was hoping I'd have a port by now, but the PICC line--hopefully--will work as well for today.

They're now giving me three medications to control nausea, and it's working! Their drugs (Emend, ondansetron, and one other?) give me about 4-4.5 days without nausea. Then, I take granistetron every morning and every evening, then rotate taking ondansetron (Zofran), lorazepam (Ativan), and promethazine (phenergan) every two hours. It's a pain to be taking so much anti-nausea pills, but they're working. I'll take working!

I've lost six pounds since my last appointment, but I promise to eat better since we finally figured out a working combination for nausea.

Dr. Wendy says I'm mistaken. She's planning on the full 16 doses. Even if the cancer is totally gone? I'm not sure, but I am disappointed. What happened to the 12 doses that we talked about at the last appointment?

I forget to mention how bad the peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage in my hands and now my feet and legs) is to Dr. Wendy, but I do mention it to Breanna (one of the chemo nurses). They mention it to Kathy (the patient coordinator) and I get a printed list of things to try: vinegar, B vitamins, and drinking tonic water to decrease muscle cramps and cocoa butter lotion. My summary: not much help! Dr. Wendy will discuss it further at our next appointment. Lovely! More to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment